1,09,567 Maruti Suzuki cars sold in February 2013.
Last Updated at
- 05:15 pm, March 01, 2013
A 7.9% drop in sales registered, in comparison to last February's 1,18,949 units.
It seems Cupid hasn't made people buy new cars last month! Maruti Suzuki has released the sales figures for February 2013 and things don't look great. A total of 1,09,567 cars were sold in the period, which includes 11,612 exports. In February 2012, MSIL sold 1,18,949 cars, which is 7.9% more than the current figure. Maruti registered growth with the new Dzire. Also introduction of Ertiga made the sales rise in that segment. But other than that, the car maker hasn't seen the numbers climb. The products that hampered the growth even further are the SX4(215 units sold) and Kizashi (2 cars sold).
Although Maruti Suzuki is leading with a good margin, its time the manufacturer comes up with a concrete plan, especially for products like the SX4 and Kizashi. Both are good products but while the former couldn't keep up with the competition, the latter's pricing made the customers look elsewhere.
First Published on 05:15 pm, March 01, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month