2012 Formula 1: Sebastian Vettel tops championship table after Korean GP win
Last Updated at
- 06:59 pm, October 15, 2012
The victory marks Vettel’s third win in succession.
We sort of knew this was coming ever since Sebastian Vettel took an effortless win at the Yas Marina circuit last month. The reigning world champion has left Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso trailing in his wake in the championship standings after taking win at the 2012 Korean GP.
The victory marks Sebastian Vettel’s third win in succession and lead of 6 points over the Spaniard with 215 points. Meanwhile, Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus has maintained his third position with a total of 167 points.
The race start saw Vettel taking over the lead from Mark Webber in the run down to the first turn. While rest of the front runners including Alonso, Webber and Hamilton were battling for positions, the young German peerlessly went on, eventually taking the chequered flag 8.2 seconds ahead of Webber for his fourth win of the season.
Following the RedBull duo, Fernando Alonso finished third ahead of Sahara Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg and Romain Grosjean of Lotus.
First Published on 06:57 pm, October 15, 2012
- All-new 2014 Toyota Corolla teased
- Official: 2014 BMW 5-series GT facelift
- Toyota introduces ''Buy Today Pay After a Year' offer on Etios & Etios Liva
- Faster, more exciting Ferrari 458 Scuderia could debut at Frankfurt Motor Show
- OnCars India Buzz: 22 May 2013