2012 Paris Motor Show - Ford EcoSport debuts in Europe
Last Updated at
- 07:03 pm, September 28, 2012
The EcoSport is said to offer class leading combination of performance and economy thanks to the much-acclaimed 1-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.
While the EcoSport can be seen plying on the streets of Brazil already, there’s a long way to go for the Europeans to take sight of the much-awaited compact SUV as it will go on sale in Europe sometime during the next year.
The EcoSport will be powered by a 1-litre, 3-cylinder EcoBoost petrol engine. While that sounds too little for a car of this size, the award-winning engine puts out 120PS of power and 170Nm of torque thanks to its turbocharged nature. This very engine also powers the Focus hatchback and is known for offering class leading combination of performance and economy.
The EcoSport has been built on Ford’s B-segment platform which also underpins cars like the Fiesta range. For the Indian market, the EcoSport will be powered by the 1-litre EcoBoost engine. As for the diesel option, it is likely to be offered with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that sits under the Fiesta sedan.
First Published on 07:03 pm, September 28, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month