2012 Porsche 911 Carrera unveiled
Last Updated at
- 03:18 pm, August 23, 2011
The first of the new model is longer, lower and more powerful.
So you have seen the leaked images of the 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera. Who hasn't, really? Seems like Porsche just decided to go ahead and unveil the car instead of waiting for the Frankfurt Motor Show next month.
The first batch of official photos and information on the 2012 Carrera emphasise the changes. On the exterior, the car is nearly four inches longer in wheelbase but also lower than the outgoing model. The wing mirrors have now moved from the bottom front corder of the window to the top of the door.
The interior seems more Carrera GT-ish with the center console rising up to envelope the driver.
Many more variants of the 911 will follow, of course, as it always happens with Porsche. But the first release will be a Carrera and Carrera S with a 3.4 litre and 3.8 litre, respectively.
Porsche also promises better fuel economy and emission figures with a new sever-speed manual transmission.
The bookings for the cars have already started at Rs 41.15 lakh for the Carrera and Rs 49.22 lakh for the Carrera S. Deliveries will begin in the first quarter of 2012.
First Published on 03:18 pm, August 23, 2011
- Mercedes-Benz launches C63 AMG Edition 507 in the UK
- Mercedes Benz introduces 'Flexinomics' finance offer on the C-Class
- Aston Martin celebrates its 100th birthday with CC100 Speedster Concept car
- Audi A4 now available at Zero Per cent interest
- BMW reveals 2014 M5 with 575PS Competition Pack