2013 Geneva Motor Show: Chevrolet shows off the Spark EV
Last Updated at
- 12:50 am, March 06, 2013
132PS of power and 542Nm of torque make it look uber-interesting.
Chevrolet has unveiled its electric hatchback, the Spark EV. To be made available from 2014 onwards, the car has impressed us with the figures: 0-100 km/h in under 8.5s, 542Nm of torque and 132PS of power. It can be charged via both AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current)sources. In case of DC fast charging, you can recharge up to 80% of the capacity in just 20mins, while on AC, it will take around 6-8 hours for a complete recharge.
And it doesn't end there. Instead of conventional meters, the car comes with two configurable LCD screens, which work as the instrument cluster and infotainment system display. It comes with smartphone connectivity options and reverse parking cameras. Chevrolet hasn't talked about the maximum range of this car yet, but according to the American carmaker, it will be "among the best in class".
First Published on 12:43 am, March 06, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month