2013 Honda Accord to come with advanced 'Earth Dreams' range of engines
Last Updated at
- 05:24 pm, August 21, 2012
Scheduled to be launched within next couple of months, the new Accord is said to be 10 per cent more fuel-efficient than the current model.
With the upcoming launch of the 2013 Accord in the US market, Honda will debut it’s all new ‘Earth Dreams’ range of fuel efficient, eco-friendly engines in the production models. Although these new engines will be available only in the new Accord for now, Honda will eventually trickle them down to the rest of the models, perhaps with different displacements.
The ‘Earth Dreams’ range includes a 2.4-litre, 4-cylinder engine and a V6, 3.5-litre unit. For the American market, the 4-cylinder model will be mated to an all-new CVT gearbox while the powerful V6 model will feature a 6-speed automatic gearbox. These new engines are said to be 10 per cent more fuel-efficient than the ones found in the current generation Accord.
The 2013 Accord will be launched in North America in the next couple of months, followed by the European market. Since the US-spec Accord is much similar to the one that is sold in India, we are really keen to know what Honda has in store for the Indian market.
First Published on 05:23 pm, August 21, 2012
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test
- Scoop: 2013 Skoda Octavia caught on test in India
- Exclusive: Skoda Rapid caught sporting new logo and brand lettering