2013 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG caught lapping the Nurburgring
Last Updated at
- 03:53 pm, October 11, 2012
Heavily-clad prototype gives away few clues about the face-lifted E-Class’ exterior design.
While covered up in some heavy camouflage, don’t expect the new E-Class to change dramatically in terms of design, although Mercedes will give it an all-new identity as the new E-class will lose its trademark design feature - the four-piece headlight assembly for more conventional single units on either side.
Seen here is a prototype of the E-Class’ hot version, the E63 AMG that will go on sale alongside the standard model, early next year. This particular version will get beefed up aero updates, bigger wheels and chunkier rubber to go with.
Power will continue to come from the brand’s twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 producing about 520PS of power and over 700Nm of torque. The 7-speed AMG Speedshift automatic gearbox will also be retained for the new model.
The face-lifted E-Class will hit the showrooms in 2013 and is expected to come with a long list of upgrades in terms of technology and aesthetics.
First Published on 01:16 pm, October 11, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month