2014 BMW X5 spied testing
Last Updated at
- 04:53 pm, July 20, 2012
Early prototype reveals use of similar design language as seen on the current model.
Development of the upcoming third-gen X5 is well underway as these new spy pictures reveal. BMW has been looking to replace the ageing SUV and is extensively testing prototypes of the 2014 X5 for the same.
Despite wearing BMW’s trademark ‘hard-to-guise’ camouflage, the prototypes seem to give the impression that the 2014 X5 will boast the same design language as its predecessor, although it will be marginally bigger in size than the current model.
While the overall design might be kept largely unchanged, BMW is said to have made significant changes underneath. With the introduction of an all-new platform for its X range of models, the 2014 X5 is all set to shed some extra flab; this new design construction should make the SUV lighter by around 150kg.
The 2014 X5 is still in the development stages and will be revealed sometime next year; however it will be officially launched only by mid-2014.
First Published on 04:53 pm, July 20, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month