BMW will debut front-wheel-drive 1 Series at Paris Motor Show
Last Updated at
- 10:27 am, June 11, 2012
The path breaking concept BMW will be the cheapest car from German carmaker once launched in 2014.
BMW will finally walk down the path that they have renounced for years. The German premium carmaker will finally debut its first front-wheel-drive car at the upcoming Paris Motor Show, in September. To stay in competition and build cost effective entry-level cars, the company will follow others down this trail, also creating reliable platform for new models of Mini.
The concept is expected to be called the BMW 1 Series GT and will be powered by 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine, which is more like half of BMW’s 3.0-litre straight six. The engine will also be used for the new Mini models, while the front-wheel drive will rival the Mercedes-Benz B Class.
BMW is expected to launch this new 1 Series by 2014 and it will then become the cheapest offering from the German carmaker. Looking at X1 success, BMW will certain plan to bring this to India, only they will need to have a diesel option by then.
Source: Autocar UK
First Published on 10:27 am, June 11, 2012
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test
- Scoop: 2013 Skoda Octavia caught on test in India
- Exclusive: Skoda Rapid caught sporting new logo and brand lettering