Bentley plans street-legal version of Continental GT3 race car
Last Updated at
- 04:37 pm, October 05, 2012
The street-legal model is likely to hit the showrooms in the next couple of years.
Come 2013 and Bentley, the iconic British carmaker will be seen returning to the racetrack for the gruesome 24 Hours of Le Mans. Having taken six victories since 1924 in the iconic racing series, Bentley will make a comeback with the Continental GT3 racecar.
The race-spec Continental GT3 was show recently at the Paris Motor Show and now Bentley is looking to make a street-legal version of it. In keeping with Bentley’s well-established tradition, the car is likely to get a W12 engine and a 4WD system. The 6-litre W12 is said to be tuned specifically to produce about 700PS of power, thereby pitting this new model against the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
The street legal Continental GT3 will go on sale in the next couple of years although it will be made in tiny numbers, 300 units in fact. As for the GT3 racecar, Bentley is said to run a few test programs early next year and depending upon results, the development team will indicate how much additional work is needed before the car can be campaigned to go racing.
First Published on 04:29 pm, October 05, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month