Bigger, more spacious Skoda Yeti in the works!
Last Updated at
- 03:26 pm, June 21, 2012
The crossover however, will be made and sold only in China.
The Chinese prefer rear seat comfort and space over pretty much everything else a car has to offer. In fact, motorists in China love their rear seats even more than we do, and for quite some time now, carmakers have been offering bigger, long-wheelbase versions of perfectly regular models. Brands including Rolls Royce, BMW, Audi and many others have been selling China-only models to cater the needs of the customers.
Skoda soon will also join the bandwagon with the Yeti crossover which will be redesigned and bigger in size to tailor the backseat experience. The car will be different from its European sibling, offering more interior space as well as additional features designed for the local market.
Gerrit Marx, the president of Skoda China, told the Chinese media that the Skoda Yeti, when launched by the end of 2013, will sport bigger proportions to add more room to the rear seat.
As far as production goes, the China-only Yeti will be developed and built under the Shanghai-Volkswagen joint venture.
First Published on 03:26 pm, June 21, 2012
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month
- Nissan Micra facelift to be launched in India between June and July 2013