Chevrolet Beat diesel launched at Rs 4.29 lakh
Last Updated at
- 06:38 pm, July 25, 2011
Prices, features and details of all the four variants revealed
Chevrolet India has launched the much-awaited diesel version of the Beat in Delhi and Mumbai. Beat Diese powered by a three cylinder 936cc engine produces 58.5PS of power with 160.3Nm of torque. The fuel economy has been rated at 24 kmpl (verified by iCATS and not ARAI).
The new small diesel car implements the talked-about ‘Intelidrive’ technology which includes the following five features:
- Pro-Vario Assist feather-light Electronic Power Steering – for easy manoeuvring in city traffic
- Intelligent launch support system – For effortless launch on gradients
- Advanced insta-torque boost – For quicker overtaking manoeuvres
- Smart engine and clutch protection mode –Helps maintain the life of the clutch by reducing wear and increases fuel economy.
- Gas charged rebound tuned suspension – Suspension tuned specifically for Indian roads.
The Diesel beat is available in three variants and has been priced as follows (all prices ex-showroom Delhi):
PS Rs 4.29 Lakh
LS Rs 4.59 Lakh
LT Rs 4.99 Lakh
Also optional is a OPT package on the LT variant which is priced at Rs 5.45 lakh.
Currently the diesel hatch sales tip the scales at around 20,000 units per month. Chevrolet plans on selling 4,500-5,000 units of the Diesel Beat each month to add up to this number. The Petrol variant of the Beat sells around 2,000 units per month. With this pricing, the Beat diesel goes bang on against the diesel variants of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Ritz and Tata Indica Vista.
First Published on 06:38 pm, July 25, 2011
- Chevrolet Spark EV to go on sale in the US for $19,995
- Ford to shut down all production in Australia by 2016
- Spied: Next-generation Mini hatchback
- OnCars India Buzz: 23 May 2013
- Scoop: 2015 Mercedes S-Class Coupe spotted at the 'ring