Chevrolet receives more than 1000 bookings for Sail
Last Updated at
- 04:50 pm, February 11, 2013
The newly launched Chevrolet sedan has received a welcoming response.
According to the reports on the internet, Chevrolet has received close to a thousand bookings for the newly launched Sail. Launched on February 1, the car shares its platform with Chevy's new hatchback, the Sail U-VA.
While the market hasn't been great for Chevrolet products in the past, especially in this segment but if the recent reports are to be believed, then this car has now successfully broken the jinx. With the base variant of petrol powered Sail priced at Rs 4.99 lakh and base diesel at Rs 6.29 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi), the competitive pricing seems to have worked for the carmaker. In fact, the target sales figure of 48,000 units that Chevrolet set, seems quite achievable now.
Though we're yet to hear from Chevrolet, if the news is true, there will be a press release in our mail inboxes soon. We shall keep you posted.
First Published on 04:34 pm, February 11, 2013
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month
- Nissan Micra facelift to be launched in India between June and July 2013