F1 driver Fernando Alonso tops the '20 Highest Paid Athletes' list
Last Updated at
- 05:54 pm, June 26, 2012
Michael Schumacher snags the third place, behind MotoGP star, Valentino Rossi.
Three motosport stars have made it to the latest Forbes list of 'Highest Paid Athletes.' Formula One ace driver, Fernando Alonso was ranked at the first place, while MotoGP racer, Valentino Rossia was slotted in the second place. The third place was once again snagged by a Formula One driver, the hugely popular and successful, Michael Schumacher.
Fernando Alonso earned close to 32 million dollars last financial year as his salary, with Ferrari, winnings and also through endorsements, while Michael Schumacher who came out of retirement in 2012 to race full-time for Mercedes in a three-year deal earned close to 30 million dollars including salary, winnings and endorsements.
Lewis Hamilton, on the other hand earned close to 28 million dollars in earnings, last financial year.
First Published on 05:54 pm, June 26, 2012
- Eleanor Mustang from Gone in 60 seconds auctioned for $ 1 million
- Mercedes-Benz launches C63 AMG Edition 507 in the UK
- Mercedes Benz introduces 'Flexinomics' finance offer on the C-Class
- Aston Martin celebrates its 100th birthday with CC100 Speedster Concept car
- Audi A4 now available at Zero Per cent interest