Ferrari recalls 458 Italia and California models worldwide
Last Updated at
- 12:27 pm, May 09, 2012
206 units have been recalled due to an issue detected with the engine crankshaft.
Ferrari has announced a recall of their 458 Italia and California models worldwide due to an issue detected with the engine crankshaft. In all 206 cars have been affected out of a production run of 13,000.
According to Ferrari, the problem has stemmed due to an incorrect finishing on the crankshaft that wasn't calibrated correctly. This could cause unusual vibrations, which could eventually lead to an engine failure.
"We are writing to all out clients now, asking them to return the car to a dealer for the work to be done." a Ferrari spokesperson said.
However, we have not received any official word from the Indian division of Ferrari confirming if any of the models sold in the country have been affected by the aforementioned recall or not.
First Published on 12:27 pm, May 09, 2012
- All-new 2014 Toyota Corolla teased
- Official: 2014 BMW 5-series GT facelift
- Toyota introduces ''Buy Today Pay After a Year' offer on Etios & Etios Liva
- Faster, more exciting Ferrari 458 Scuderia could debut at Frankfurt Motor Show
- OnCars India Buzz: 22 May 2013