Force to launch new Gurkha on February 15
Last Updated at
- 08:54 pm, February 12, 2013
With prices in the region of Rs 6.75-7.5 lakh.
There is little doubt that the original Force Gurkha, launched back in the 90s, was one of the very few vehicles which could be taken right off the showroom floor and driven across the harshest of terrains without much fuss.
Based on the old Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon’s legendary platform, the Gurkha has been a well known off-road SUV and now with launch of the new 2013 Gurkha just around the corner, we expect to see an even better off roader with more emphasis on making it refined enough for daily usage.
To begin with, the new Gurkha will be offered in BS III compliant version only, with the more environmental friendly BS IV version coming in later during the year. It will be powered by a Mercedes-derived diesel engine with around 80PS of power and 200Nm of torque. We are not yet sure if features like ABS would make it to the new Gurkha, but expect basic amenities such as big, comfortable seats and air conditioning on this hardcore off-roader.
When launched, the new Gurkha will go up against some of the other hardcore off-roaders including the mighty old Mahindra Thar.
First Published on 02:23 pm, February 12, 2013
- Eleanor Mustang from Gone in 60 seconds auctioned for $ 1 million
- Mercedes-Benz launches C63 AMG Edition 507 in the UK
- Mercedes Benz introduces 'Flexinomics' finance offer on the C-Class
- Aston Martin celebrates its 100th birthday with CC100 Speedster Concept car
- Audi A4 now available at Zero Per cent interest