2012 Formula1 Airtel Indian Grand Prix: Raceday
Last Updated at
- 09:33 am, October 28, 2012
Race starts at 1500 hrs IST. LIVE Updates will follow.
In a few hours time, a total of 24 Formula1 cars will battle it out on the 5.125km long Buddh International Circuit. This is the second Grand Prix for both the circuit and the country, and a proud moment indeed!
In yesterday's Qualifying session, Sebastien Vettel lapped the track in 1min 25.283s, which makes him start from the pole today. A close second was Webber, followed by Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Massa, Raikkonen, Perez, Maldonado and Rosberg. The seven time world champion Michael Schumacher couldn't make it to the top ten, he starts from the 14th spot on the grid, with the Fastest Indian Narain Karthikeyan starting from the 23rd. The Force India duo qualified for the 12th (Hulkenberg) and 16th (di Resta) spots.
With most of the drivers happy with the track and some with their starting positions, it sure is going to be an exciting race today. As soon as the race begins, we'll have a LIVE update page running here.
The race starts at 1500 hrs Indian Standard Time, so make sure you're done with all your chores. Because this is not something you can afford to miss.
First Published on 09:33 am, October 28, 2012
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test
- Scoop: 2013 Skoda Octavia caught on test in India
- Exclusive: Skoda Rapid caught sporting new logo and brand lettering