Honda eyes two-fold jump in global sales by 2017
Last Updated at
- 02:49 pm, September 21, 2012
The company is also looking to strengthen its presence in emerging markets like India and China.
Honda Motors, one of the leading carmakers globally, has said that the company is targeting to hit global sales of 6 million units by March-end 2017. According to the company’s CEO, Honda is looking to strengthen its presence in the booming emerging markets such as India and China.
To pull off this ambitious sales target, Honda is heavily banking on compact cars such as the Fit (Jazz for India) the Brio and a few other budget models. The carmaker sold about 3 million vehicles during the last fiscal year. It now aims to the double the figure to more than 6 million units in the next four years.
Honda says a lot of growth will come from emerging markets like China and India and that the company is already planning compact models specific to such markets. As for the upcoming important models, the new Fit will go on sale in Japan next year followed by other global markets in the next couple of years.
First Published on 02:49 pm, September 21, 2012
- All-new 2014 Toyota Corolla teased
- Official: 2014 BMW 5-series GT facelift
- Toyota introduces ''Buy Today Pay After a Year' offer on Etios & Etios Liva
- Faster, more exciting Ferrari 458 Scuderia could debut at Frankfurt Motor Show
- OnCars India Buzz: 22 May 2013