Jaguar Land-Rover reports 32 per cent increase in January 2013 sales
Last Updated at
- 11:30 am, February 13, 2013
Thanks to the introduction of the all-new Range Rover as well as the 2013 Jaguar XF and XJ models.
Tata owned Jaguar Land-Rover is enjoying a continuous upward trend in sales with an increase of 32 per cent over the last year’s figures. Having sold 34,877 vehicles during the first month of January 2013, the carmaker reported significant spike in sales across major markets including China, Asia Pacifi, Europe and North America.
Driven by increase in sales of the all-new Range Rover, Freelander and the Evoque, Land Rover sold 29,118vehicles, up by 31 per cent compared to the same period last year. Jaguar too, on the other hand, reported an impressive jump in sales by 40 per cent, selling 5,759 cars in January 2013. Thanks to the much improved sales of the XJ (up by 70 per cent) and the XF (up by 37 per cent), Jaguar sales were up in all major markets.
Phil Popham, Jaguar Land Rover’s Director of Group Sales Operations said, “With one of the best month’s sales performances ever, both Jaguar and Land Rover brands have had a very strong start to the year. This reflects the introduction of the all-new Range Rover as well as the 2013 Model Year Jaguar XF and XJ models.”
First Published on 11:30 am, February 13, 2013
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test
- Scoop: 2013 Skoda Octavia caught on test in India
- Exclusive: Skoda Rapid caught sporting new logo and brand lettering