Lamborghini builds 1000th Aventador; celebrates in style
Last Updated at
- 03:51 pm, July 24, 2012
Company’s CEO, Mr. Stephan Winkelmann himself handed the keys over to the owner of the 1000th Aventador.
A thousand units in 15 months of production - sure, it may not sound like a lot. However, this is no ordinary car that we are talking about. What it is, in all its magnificence is a 350kph, Rs 5 crore hypercar made by one of the most iconic names in automotive history.
What’s also impressive is that Lamborghini’s latest flagship, the Aventador has hit the four-digit production mark faster than any other V12 hypercar in the company’s record. The Murcielago, Lamborghini’s previous V12 hypercar, took nearly two and a half years to hit the 1000-car milestone. Lamborghini’s CEO, Mr. Stephan Winkelmann himself handed the keys to Hans Scheidecker, owner of the 1000th Aventador.
Ever since its foray into the supercar market, the Aventador has been praised by enthusiasts and experts alike and according to Lamborghini, the company can’t seem to make enough of it. Despite increasing the production to 4.5 cars per day, the Aventador already has been sold-out for the next 18 months.
First Published on 03:51 pm, July 24, 2012
- Eleanor Mustang from Gone in 60 seconds auctioned for $ 1 million
- Mercedes-Benz launches C63 AMG Edition 507 in the UK
- Mercedes Benz introduces 'Flexinomics' finance offer on the C-Class
- Aston Martin celebrates its 100th birthday with CC100 Speedster Concept car
- Audi A4 now available at Zero Per cent interest