Lamborghini unveils Gallardo GT3 FL2 racer
Last Updated at
- 09:08 pm, January 29, 2013
The GT3 racer is lighter, more aerodynamic than the standard 2013 Gallardo.
Lamborghini has officially revealed its challenger for the 2013 and 2014 GT3 racing series. Called the Gallardo GT3 FL2, the racer is – you guessed it – based on Lamborghini’s baby supercar, the Gallardo. For the GT3 FL2, Lamborghini has teamed up with German motorsport company called Reiter Engineering.
The track-focused Gallardo GT3 FL2 gets a few aerodynamic tweaks to the body shell including a carbon fiber rear diffuser and an all-new front splitter. As for the oily bits, Lamborghini says that the Gallardo GT3 FL2 comes laden with all the provisions for endurance racing such as heavy duty brakes, improved engine cooling and fuel management system. Also, the power-to-weight ratio has been enhanced a bit thanks to the 25 kg weight reduction.
The Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 FL2 racer will soon battle it out in the Italian GT3 Championship, Asia Le Mans Series and the Blancpain Endurance Series.
First Published on 09:08 pm, January 29, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month