Live - 2012 Nissan Evalia MPV nation-wide launch
Last Updated at
- 03:00 pm, September 26, 2012
We bring you all the live updates from the nation-wide launch event of Nissan's newest MPV, held in Mumbai.
After gracing the market in New Delhi yesterday, the 2012 Nissan Evalia is all set for its nation-wide launch that will get underway in Mumbai in just about an hour.
The Nissan Evalia MPV was launched in New Delhi at a starting price of Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi), which quite honestly hasn't managed to strike a chord among Indian customers, considering the Evalia's arch rival can be bought at a starting (ex-showroom, New Delhi) price of Rs 7.30 lakh.
Having said that, the Evalia MPV has been equipped with a host of features such as power steering, power mirrors, a music system with AUX inputs and ABS with EBD - all of which come fitted as standard even on the base variant XE.
The XE Plus variant gets a driver and passenger airbags, while the XL variant also gets the Keyless Entry feature, AC vents at the rear and a double DIN music system. The top-end variant XV, on the other hand gets added features such as fog lamps, push button start as well as a reversing camera.
The Evalia MPV is being powered by a 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine, courtesy of the Renault-Nissan alliance. Producing about 85PS of power and 200Nm of torque, the Evalia is expected to perform just as well, if not better than the Ertiga in real world conditions.
- Stay tuned to OnCars.in as we bring you all the live updates, pics and information from the launch venue in Mumbai.
- Mr Takayuki Ishida, CEO, Nissan India, addresses the media at the launch of Nissan Evalia.
- Nissan will launch 10 new models by 2016! Globally!
- Mr Satoshi Matsutomi, VP, Product Planning, Nissan India now addresses the crowd.
- Evalia best suited for large families.
- ARAI certified fuel effeciency is 19.3 kmpl.
- The high fuel economy figure is due to the frugal 1.5-litre, 85PS, K9K Diesel engine; courtesy of the Renault-Nissan alliance.
- The high driving angle and low, 5.2-meter turning radius makes it easy to drive the Evalia in the city as well.
- Evalia has sliding doors, which means easy access in tight parking spots, easy ingress-egress as well.
- Evalia features a multi-function display having a shift indicator and distance to empty indicators.
- There is ABS, EBD & Brake Assist as standard - even on the base variant!
- And the 2012 Nissan Evalia is here!
- Stay tuned for Mumbai ex-showroom price of the Evalia.
- The Nissan Evalia will be priced at Rs 8.49 lakh even in Mumbai! Uniform pricing across India we believe.
- And here comes the official pricing - all prices are ex-showroom, Navi Mumbai.
2012 Nissan Evalia XE - Rs 8.49 lakh
2012 Nissan Evalia XE Plus - Rs 8.92 lakh
2012 Nissan Evalia XL - Rs 9.49 lakh
2012 Nissan Evalia XV - Rs 9.99 lakh
- That's all from the launch event of the 2012 Nissan Evalia. However, do stay tuned to OnCars.in as we bring you fresh batch of images and videos form the launch event.
First Published on 10:54 am, September 26, 2012
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test
- Scoop: 2013 Skoda Octavia caught on test in India
- Exclusive: Skoda Rapid caught sporting new logo and brand lettering
- OnCars India Buzz: 21 May 2013