Live: Chevrolet Sail launch in India
Last Updated at
- 12:37 pm, February 01, 2013
Sail U-VA's twin, the Sail sedan is slated to arrive in town today. Catch all the updates live from the event in Mumbai.
Back in August 2011, we at OnCars snagged the first ever spy shots of the Chevrolet Sail sedan that was being tested in India. And now close to two years later, we will get to see the Sail sedan being presented officially in the Indian market today at en event that is slated to undergo within few minutes.
The Chevrolet Sail sedan as well as its younger sibling was developed by General Motors' Chinese partner SAIC. Of which the Sai; U-VA hatch has done really well in markets around the world, so much so that the Sail U-VA is said to be the most exported vehicle in China. However, the same can't be said about the car's progress in India yet.
Nonetheless, the Sail sedan will indeed make its official debut in the country today and OnCars as usual will be bringing to you all the live action, updates and images straight from the launch venue.
- Chevrolet Sail sedan launch event begins.
- Sail will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants with four trim levels in each.
- The Sail sedan is a new definition of style, says GM.
- The Said has sold six lakh units around the world.
- 4 Trim levels each in petrol and diesel variants.
- 4 Trim levels include - Base, LS, LS ABS and LT ABS.
- The top variant have ABS as standard.
- Like the hatch, there will be ample space and one of the largest boot with capacity of 370 litre.
- The Sail twins have covered 3.2 million kms in testing.
- The suspension has been tuned for the Indian road conditions, while maintaining sharp driving dynamicas, claims Chevrolet.
- The car has a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel variants.
- The 1.2-litre petrol produces 86PS of max power and 113 Nm of peak torque.
- The 1.3-diesel churns out 78 PS of max power and 205 Nm of peak torque.
- And here comes the pricing of the 2013 Chevrolet Sail...
- The 2013 Chevrolet Sail sedan has been launched in India at a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh for the base petrol variant, while the diesel Sail will retail at Rs 6.29 lakh (Both prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi.)
- ARAI claimed fuel effeiciency figure is 18.2 kmpl for the 1.2-litre petrol variant and 22.1 kmpl for the 1.3-litre diesel variant.
First Published on 11:52 am, February 01, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month