Live - Ford Figo Facelift launch
Last Updated at
- 12:42 pm, October 15, 2012
The refreshed Figo hatchback rolls in today in the Indian market. Catch all the action live from the launch venue.
The start of a very bust week in the Indian automotive calendar begins today with Ford rolling in their all-new Figo Facelift today with tons of exterior and interior updates and a host of new features such as the Keyless entry and Start-Stop system.
The first time we saw a glimpse of the new Figo hatchback was outside the Ford's Chennai facility in a never seen before Yellow exterior finish. But today Ford's most successful model in India will take its first public bow in the new avatar at an event that is slated to undergo in just about few minuted in Mumbai.
So, stay tuned to OnCars.in as we bring you all the live images, details and information of the new 2012 Ford Figo Facelift.
- And here is the first exclusive live image of the 2012 Ford Figo Facelift.
- The Ford Figo has sold more than 2.45 lakh units since its launch at Mumbai in 2009.
- Mr Michael Boneham addresses the media at the launch event.
- Figo facelift gets two new colours - Kinetic blue (from the Fiesta) and a bright Yellow.
- The Figo also get new interiors with 'colour block' fashion theme for the fabrics.
- New alloy wheel design. Size remains the same.
- On the outside, the headlamps and tail lamps both get redesigned. And so does the front bumper and new turn indicator placement inside the headlamp cluster.
- On the inside, the ZXI and Titanium variants get steering mounted controls for the audio player. ZXI and Titanium get adjustable steering wheel too, only for tilt though.
- The seat fabric design has been changed too with a new 'Colour Block' fashion theme.
- The gaudy red colour of dashboard plastics is now replaced with a navy blue colour.
- The new Figo will be available in a total of eight variants, four for petrol and four for diesel.
- The entry level LXI, mid level EXI and the ZXI get steel rims while the top of the line Titanium gets new look alloy wheels.
- Ford has added two new shades of paint, Kinetic Blue and Bright Yellow while it seems that they have discontinued the shade "Squeeze."
- The petrol variant of the Figo is powered by a 1.2-litre Duratec engine, that makes a maximum of 71PS of power at 6,250 revs and a maximum torque of 102Nm @ 4000rpm.
- The diesel on the other hand is a 1.4-litre unit, which makes a maximum of 69PS of power at 4000rpm and a maximum torque of 160Nm @ 2000 rpm.
- Both petrol and diesel engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- And now the most important bit. The pricces of the 2012 Ford Figo Facelift have just been announced.
- The base petrol variant of the new Figo will retail at Rs 3.84 lakh and the base diesel variant will retails at Rs 4.85 lakh. (Both prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi.)
First Published on 11:35 am, October 15, 2012
- Watch Sachin Tendulkar talk about the upcoming BMW 1-Series
- OnCars India Buzz: 20 June 2013
- 2013 Tata Nano to reach showrooms by July
- Renault shows off Koleos facelift
- Fiat reveals 500L MPW