Magneti Marelli inaugurates a new industrial plant in India
Last Updated at
- 02:27 pm, October 30, 2012
The new plant will be used to produce automobile exhaust systems.
SKH Metals Limited and Magneti Marelli (a part of the FIAT group) joined hands in 2008 and the new production site is a result of the JV. Spread over 8,000 square meters, the new plant will employ around 100 workers. It replaces an existing plant, along with helping Magneti Mareli expand the product portfolio. The plant, operating at it's max ability, can produce 400,000 Cold End components (Mufflers) and 150,000 Hot End components (Catalytic Convertors) in a year.
The new production facility is located at the Maruti Suzuki Supplier Park in Manesar. This is Magneti Mareli's second palnt making exhaust components in India.
They have a total of eight plants in the country, covering everything from powertrain to electronic systems.
Picture courtesy: Magneti Marelli
First Published on 02:27 pm, October 30, 2012
- Chevrolet Spark EV to go on sale in the US for $19,995
- Ford to shut down all production in Australia by 2016
- Spied: Next-generation Mini hatchback
- OnCars India Buzz: 23 May 2013
- Scoop: 2015 Mercedes S-Class Coupe spotted at the 'ring