Mahindra Quanto to be exported to Europe and South Africa
Last Updated at
- 05:59 pm, September 20, 2012
The newly launched compact SUV will go international in the next three months.
Mahindra & Mahindra finally rolled out its all-new compact SUV, the 2012 Mahindra Quanto in the Indian market today at a starting price of Rs 5.82 lakh (ex-showroom, Thane.) The compact 5+2 seater Quanto measures under 4 meters in length and is the smallest SUV to come out of Mahindra's plant.
However, the India market will not be the only market to enjoy this latest offering by the Indian automaker. Mahindra & Mahindra has announced that its Quanto SUV will be exported from the country to the European and South African market in the coming three months.
While in India the Quanto is being driven by a 1.5-litre 3-cylinder twin-turbocharged diesel engine that powers the front wheels, the export model is expected to feature a more powerful engine equipped with four-wheel drive system. It is said that the development of such an engine is currently in works.
Currently, Mahindra & Mahindra export's its XUV500 into Austaralia, South Africa and South East Asia. We expect the Quanto mini SUV too, to go global in major auto markets around the world.
First Published on 05:59 pm, September 20, 2012
- Tata Indigo eCS eMax and Indica eV2 eMax (CNG) unveiled
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg