Mahindra mulling to invest Rs 3,000 crore for all-new production base in MP
Last Updated at
- 03:32 pm, October 04, 2012
No official word from Mahindra on the proposed investment though.
India’s largest utility vehicle maker, Mahindra has proposed to invest Rs 3,000 crore to set up an all new production base in Madhya Pradesh, as reported by a senior state government official.
The carmaker apparently has narrowed down to some areas in Bagroda near Bhopal as a base for the projected manufacturing facility. The investment worth Rs 3,000 crore is cited to be one of the single largest investments in Madhya Pradesh by an auto firm. However, there has been no official announcement by Mahindra regarding the same.
"Mahindra and Mahindra is considering to invest nearly Rs 3,000 crore to open manufacturing facility spread on 500 acres in the state" said Mr. Manish Singh, Managing Director, Madhya Pradesh Industrial Centre Development Corporation.
Source: Economic Times
First Published on 03:30 pm, October 04, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month