Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 launched in Mumbai at Rs 2.60 lakh
Last Updated at
- 09:09 pm, October 16, 2012
After the national launch in New Delhi, Maruti Suzuki launches the Alto 800 in Mumbai.
There's no denying to the fact that the Alto 800 was one of the most awaited cars in the industry. Not because of the way it drives or the way it looks, but because of the importance this car holds in the Indian market.
The car is powered by a slightly retuned version of the same 796cc 3-cylinder engine that used to power the last generation Alto. It produces a maximum 50PS of power and 69Nm of max torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission with cable shift mechanism. The efficiency has been bettered too, with Maruti claiming 22.74kmpl for the petrol variant and 30.46km/kg for the CNG variant.
The new Alto looks modern and up-to-date while maintaining the conservative approach to styling – a move that has made it so popular for all these years. The Alto 800 will be offered in a total of 6 colour options our of which, four are new: Frost Blue, Blazing Red Pearl, Torque Blue Pearl, Granite Grey, Superior White and Silky Silver.
To be made available in four variants: Standard, LX and LXi and LXi with airbag, the Alto is all set to bring some good time for Maruti. Well, it's not just us speculating but the pre-launch booking numbers. The Indian automaker reported today earlier in the day that it's small car has already gathered bookings of over 10,000 units.
We guess, its only a matter of time, before the country's largest automaker claims back its majority share in the Indian auto industry.
Given below is the list of all the variants and the corresponding prices of the Alto 800:
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 STD - Rs 2.60 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LX - Rs 2.94 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi - Rs 3.16 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi with Airbag: To Be Announced.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 STD CNG - Rs 3.39 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LX CNG - Rs 3.58 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXi CNG - Rs 3.77 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800LXi with Airbag CNG: To Be Announced.
(All prices are ex-showroom, Mumbai.)
First Published on 09:05 pm, October 16, 2012
- BMW reveals 5-Series facelift; adds new entry-level diesel variant
- Volkswagen CrossBlue and CrossBlue coupe to be made in China
- Gran Turismo 6 announced
- Skoda plans to discontinue Fabia
- Scoop: Upcoming BMW 2 Series caught undisguised