Maruti Suzuki sells over 1 Lakh cars in November 2012
Last Updated at
- 07:08 pm, December 03, 2012
Maruti Suzuki retains the crown of the market leader with a 12% improvement over the 2011 figures.
Maruti Suzuki has seen a lot of ups and downs of late but November should be the month of their comeback. Not only have they moved forward, they have exhibited some strong sales figures too.
In November 2012, Maruti Suzuki India Limited managed to sell a total of 1,03,200 vehicles, which includes the 12,318 units that were exported from India. That, when compared to their sales chart last year, shows a very respectable 12.5 percent of increment. The number gainers include the new products: the recently launched Alto 800 and the Ertiga MPV. On one hand, Ertiga has continued to keep Maruti's presence intact in the segment and Alto has yet again proven that Maruti still knows the small car market very well but on the other, Maruti has lost the figures in some areas, especially with the SX4, Kizashi and Omni/Eeco.
It's been rather long since Maruti Suzuki enjoyed its position as the king. And by the looks of it, NOW is the time! Lets hope that they devise a new plan and maybe new products to make up for the lost numbers.
First Published on 07:02 pm, December 03, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month