McLaren P1 interior details revealed
Last Updated at
- 03:42 pm, February 13, 2013
The jet fighter inspired cockpit is almost entirely made of carbon-fibre.
While we have seen the stunning exterior design of the hotly anticipated McLaren P1 supercar, the interior has been kept under wraps up until now. McLaren has officially released the first interior shots of the P1.
McLaren says the interior of the P1 is inspired by the cockpit of jet fighter, as can be seen from the glass canopy overhead, fully digital instrumentation and the minimalistic center console that houses most of the controls for the driver.
As you would have thought, the track-focused P1 gets none of the sound deadening material usually found in a production car. But surprisingly, the P1 boasts of high-end features like sat-nav, climate control and a premium Meridian audio system. The ultra-thin racing seats weigh just 10.5 kg each and can be moved forwards and backwards however, they can be reclined only to a limited extent.
First Published on 03:42 pm, February 13, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month