Mercedes Benz AMG to do a Quattro; Four wheel drive AMGs in the pipeline
Last Updated at
- 01:26 pm, February 14, 2013
All Wheel Drive AMG version of the new S-Class to be made.
A few years back, things were a lot clearer. For an out and out sporty sedan, BMW was the brand to choose. For something with phenomenal grip over almost every surface, Audi was the preferred choice and if you wanted the most luxurious car in the segment, there was nothing as special and capable as the Mercs.
But things are a lot different now. In a report, UK based AutoExpress has revealed that after announcing the all-wheel drive versions of the new E63 AMG and CLA AMG, Mercedes Benz has plans of adding more four wheel drive cars to its line-up. AMG's powertrain engineering manager, Dr Jorg Gindele in an interview said that an all wheel drive version of the C63 AMG is a possibility. The new Mercedes Benz S-Class too will get a four wheel drive AMG version while a Black Series E63 is highly possible too.
It's still very early to say if and when these products will come to the Indian market but once they do, the Quattro equipped Audi sedans will get their first proper competitors here.
First Published on 01:23 pm, February 14, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month