Mercedes-Benz GLA compact SUV caught testing for the first time
Last Updated at
- 05:52 pm, September 11, 2012
Based on the new A-Class, the GLA will be launched globally in 2014 and might even make it to our shores.
If sources are to be believed, Mercedes’ all-new compact SUV based on the A-Class will be on sale in 2014. Although it is quite a long way off, the carmaker has already begun testing the new SUV which is expected be christened GLA.
When launched, the GLA will go up against some formidable rivals including the Range Rover Evoque and the BMW X1. As these very first spy pictures show, the test vehicle is seen wearing a standard A-Class body which brings us to the fact the car will be based on Mercedes-Benz’s new MFA platform which already has spawned the new A-Class and the B-Class. This all new platform will form a basis for three other models including an all-new mini CLS four-door coupe.
As for the greasy bits, the GLA is likely to feature similar range of engines that powers the new A-Class. The range includes turbocharged petrol and diesel engines with power outputs ranging from 85PS all the way to 210 PS. Also expected are front and four-wheel drive configurations.
First Published on 05:48 pm, September 11, 2012
- Tata Indigo eCS eMax and Indica eV2 eMax (CNG) unveiled
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg