Mercedes-Benz USA tops January sales chart, ahead of BMW
Last Updated at
- 12:26 pm, February 04, 2013
The carmaker records 10.7 per cent increase in sales over 2012.
Unlike the Indian luxury car market where sales of Mercedes-Benz have been on a slight decline, the carmaker has reported an increase of 10.7 per cent, having sold 22,051 units in the US in January. BMW, on the other hand, sold 15,513 cars – up by 0.7 per cent over 2012.
In the battle for luxury brand dominance, Mercedes-Benz and BMW continue to fight it out for the top spot, ahead of Lexus – the third largest luxury carmaker in the US. Going by the numbers, Mercedes-Benz’ January sales were largely driven by the C-Class sedan which racked up sales of 7,214 units.
In other news, besides launching the hotly-anticipated CLA sedan, Mercedes-Benz will also refresh majority of its lineup of premium models with the upcoming 2013 E-Class and the next-gen S-Class.
First Published on 12:26 pm, February 04, 2013
- Video: Lamborghini Gallardo Limited Edition launched in India
- LIVE: Tata presents Horizonext; eight new models to launch today
- LIVE: Lamborghini Gallardo Special Edition launch event
- Audi reveals UK pricing for the A3
- Lamborghini Gallardo replacement spotted; To launch next year