Mercedes CLA four-door Coupe spied without any camouflage
Last Updated at
- 07:11 pm, September 13, 2012
The compact four-door coupe will be available on sale in 2013.
The Mercedes Benz CLA has been caught testing quite a few times; however, all of the prototypes have been masked with heavy camouflage. Now though, thanks to Der Spiegel, a German weekly news magazine, the near-production version of the CLA has been caught on camera in all its glory.
Based on the new A-Class, the baby CLS keeps most of the distinctive design elements first seen on the Concept Style Coupe revealed at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show. The front-end of the CLA looks like an exact copy of the new A-Class while the overall profile resembles its bigger sibling, the CLS.
The CLA is based on Mercedes’ new platform called the MFA – also seen in the A-Class and B-Class. It will be powered by the same range of engines that are present in the new A-Class. And as is with every Mercedes sedan, there will also be an AMG version of the CLA, which is likely to get a 2-litre turbocharged engine with about 340PS of power.
Image Source: Der Spiegel
First Published on 07:11 pm, September 13, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month