New car not an Alto / 800 replacement: Maruti Suzuki
Last Updated at
- 07:57 pm, May 25, 2012
Zee Business quotes a Maruti Suzuki spokesperson on the Alto / 800 replacement.
Earlier today, we brought you shots of a small car that we believe is the replacement for the Maruti Suzuki Alto (the 800cc variant) and the iconic 800. Later in the day, our partners Zee Business brought forth the news that Maruti Suzuki could shift its base to Gujarat since it could be an economically beneficial move. However, our representatives at Zee Business had a conversation with a Maruti Suzuki spokesperson regarding the two big news that are floating around today and the following was derived out of the verbal communication:
- The new car will not take the place of the 800 or Alto.
- The production of the 800 won’t be stopped at the moment.
- Maruti Suzuki will soon get the space for the Gujarat plant.
- Alto is the highest sold vehicle, so there are no intentions of stopping its production.
While these statements do indicate that the car in the photos may not replace the Alto or the 800, they do raise questions on the identity, placement and purpose of the test mule – which looks like a production ready car. We’ll have to wait until Maruti Suzuki provides further clarification on this subject. Stay tuned to Zee Business and OnCars.in as we bring you more information on this subject.
First Published on 07:57 pm, May 25, 2012
- Tata Indigo eCS eMax and Indica eV2 eMax (CNG) unveiled
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg