Nissan India eyes 10 per cent market share by 2016
Last Updated at
- 04:16 pm, February 14, 2013
The carmaker will also expand its dealership network to 300 from the existing 90 by end of financial year 2016.
At a time when majority of carmakers are witnessing a slight slowdown in demand, Nissan India has some good news. The carmaker expects to actually gain a significant piece of market share in the next few years time.
According to Takayuki Ishida, managing director of Nissan India, the company looks to sell one lakh cars during the next financial year and aims to gain 10 per cent market share by 2016. "We are working with a long-term target of achieving 10 per cent share in the market by FY16. The current market share is at about 1.6 per cent. We have a strategy to grow the market share by expanding the dealer network and rolling out more new models to the market," Mr. Takayuki Ishida says.
In order to pull off this seemingly tough task, Nissan India will expand its dealership network to 300 from the existing 90 by the end of financial year 2016.
Source: Economic Times
First Published on 04:15 pm, February 14, 2013
- LIVE: Lamborghini Gallardo Special Edition launch event
- Audi reveals UK pricing for the A3
- Lamborghini Gallardo replacement spotted; To launch next year
- Volvo says V40 is better than Mercedes Benz A-Class; introduces V40 Challenge
- OnCars India Buzz: 18 June 2013