Official: Audi to unveil the A8L 4.2 TDI quattro in India on August 3, 2012
Last Updated at
- 10:19 am, July 31, 2012
Upon launch, the 4.2 TDI quattro will be the range topping A8L diesel in India with its V8 powerplant.
Audi is all set to unveil a new variant of the A8L in India - the 4.2 TDI quattro. As the name suggests, the new variant of the A8L will be powered by a 4.2-litre V8 bi-turbo diesel engine that churns out 350 PS of power and a colossal 800 Nm of torque. Those figures manage to propel the 2070 kg car from a naught to 100 km/h in 5.5 seconds! Should you care, the claimed fuel economy of the A8L 4.2 TDI is 13.1 kmpl. The 4.2-litre oil-burner is mated to an eight speed sequential automatic gearbox and the quattro all-wheel-drive system.
Audi currently offers three variants of the A8L in India - the base 3.0 TDI quattro, the mid-level 4.2 FSI petrol and the range topping 6.3 W12 quattro. The new 4.2 TDI quattro will be placed between the 4.2 FSI and the 6.3 W12 and we expect the pricing to start a little over Rs 1 crore.
First Published on 10:19 am, July 31, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month