Official - Honda Siel Cars India is now Honda Cars India
Last Updated at
- 05:31 pm, September 10, 2012
The change of name follows the break up of JV between Honda and Usha International.
Back in August 2012, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd that was a joint venture between Honda and Usha International of the Shriram Group ended their sixteen year long partnership, with the latter reportedly selling its 3.16 per cent stake to the Japanese carmaker for Rs 180 crore.
However, the process of changing the company name was due to be completed in the following months. Today however, the Japanese automaker has officially reported to have changed the name of its Indian operations to Honda Cars India Ltd from Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.
"The name change will be with immediate effect as per the fresh Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies, NCT of Delhi and Haryana," Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) said in a statement.
First Published on 05:28 pm, September 10, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month