OnCars India Buzz: 31 July 2012
Last Updated at
- 07:09 pm, July 31, 2012
Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo lauched; Jaguar XKR Special Edition launched; Maruti Suzuki turns to astrolger to seek solutions & London taxi turns into a hotel room.
- The 2012 London Olympics is sure noble, iconic and precious. But the same event has generated traffic chaos and inflation in hotel prices. However, one taxi driver in city has come up with a possible solution for the two problems by converting his cab into a hotel room. David Week's TX4 cab now comes with a mattress and alarm clock and even a Paddington Bear to make you all comfy. For 48GBP or Rs 3,800 approximately, you can crash in his car, which is parked on his driveway and if you need to use the restroom, you can knock on his door.
- Toyota has introduced the new Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo Limited Edition model to mark the first anniversary of its popular hatchback Etios Liva. Designed by the Toyota Racing Development (TRD) Japan, only 1,200 units will be built and sold until October 2012. Both petrol and diesel options are made available with prices starting at Rs 5.23 lakh for the petrol version and Rs 6.32 lakh for the diesel powered Etios Liva. (All prices are ex-showroom, New Delhi.)
- Jaguar India has officially launched the all-new XKR special edition in coupe and convertible body types at a starting price of Rs 1.27 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai.) The SE models will be powered by a 5.0-litre direct-injection V8 petrol unit that throws out close to 508PS of max power. The engine will come mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifts.
- Audi India has announced that the company will roll out a new variant of the Audi A8L in India, the 4.2 TDI Quattro. The new variant of the A8L will be powered by a 4.2-litre V8 bi-turbo diesel engine that churns out 350 PS of power and a colossal 800 Nm of torque. The said launch will get underway on August 3, 2012.
- The flood of news and reports coming out of Maruti Suzuki's Manesar plant has not stopped yet. And the way things are turning out to be, it doesn't seem like the company plant or the people involved will be able to find respite any time soon. In the latest development, Maruti Suzuki is considering sacking all of its A-Shift workers, who are suspected to have played a role in the violence perpetrated on July 18 that led to the killing of Awanish Kumar, the 51-year old HR manager and left over 100 staid wounded.
- In another news, Maruti Suzuki has reportedly, sought help of a medic astrologer from Bangalore to help sort out the 'vaastu' at the Manesar unit. The astrologer, Deivajna K N Somayaji will start his assignment on Sunday and is likely to visit the Manesar plant, several times to complete the task.
- The Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team has announced its partnership with the Bharti Airtel telecommunications brand for the 2012 Airtel Indian Grand Prix. Bharti Airtel is also the title sponsor for the Indian Grand Prix ever since its inception at the Buddh International Circuit last year. This year the company will extend its brand visibility with the new tie up with Mercedes Benz’s F1 team.
- After proposing residential parking fees, the Delhi government is now looking to curb increasing registration of cars by asking for proof of parking space. The suggestion, which came up in a meeting held in the lieutenant governor's office last week, follows a a Rajasthan high court order that had asked the Rajasthan government to register only those vehicles whose owners have proof of parking space.
- The newly launched Renault Duster SUV has gathered over 10,000 bookings, since it was launched in the country. And to meet the high market demand and reduce the waiting period of the company SUV, the French automaker has now ramped up its production capacity.
- Premier Automobiles has updated quite a few details of its upcoming BSIV compliant Rio diesel on their website. And according to information given on the official online company page, the new Premier Rio will be offered with the Fiat-sourced 1.3-Litre Multijet diesel engine that produces 75PS of max power and 183Nm of max torque.
- Mercedes Benz has launched its 2nd anniversary edition of its premium lifestyle magazine 'Mercedes Benz Magazine' in India. The special edition was unveiled by renowned author Chetan Bhagat, who is also the Guest Editor of the magazine and Debashis Mitra, Director, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India. The lifestyle magazine has been priced at Rs 200 and will available at premium book stores across the country. Also, the magazine will be available in an iPad version, expanding its interactive possibilities.
- Jaguar Land Rover has officially opened its new dealership in Pune, Maharashtra, India in partnership with Ace Perkins. This new dealership was inaugurated by Mr P.M. Telang and is located in Shivajinagar on the Old Pune Mumbai Road. The showroom facility spans over 12,000 square feet and boasts a 9 car display area, customer lounge and ample customer parking.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd have successfully concluded its grand customer-centric initiative "Mahindra Mega Monsoon Carnival” that was organized on 28th and 29th July, 2012 at MCD Ground, Opp. Shivaji College, Rajouri Garden, Ring Road, New Delhi. The event provided Mahindra owners the opportunity to ensure that their vehicles are in top condition by availing an exhaustive 75-point check, completely free of cost. In addition, Mahindra customers also availed of a number of discounts and won exciting prizes in various activities organized over a period of two days.
First Published on 07:09 pm, July 31, 2012
- Tata Indigo eCS eMax and Indica eV2 eMax (CNG) unveiled
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg