OnCars India Buzz: 31 May 2012
Last Updated at
- 05:15 pm, May 31, 2012
90Bhp Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet caught on test; Toyota Financial Services India; Lego Land Rover Defender 110 and sales reports.
- The spectacular scale model of a Land Rover Defender 110 built from Legos in 1:8:5 ratio using 3kg of plastic - 2,800 parts to be precise - plus the 7 motors and 3 infrared receivers is nothing short of extraordinary. Built by Sheepo, the scale model has a gearbox, brakes, opening doors, working suspension and folding bench seats in the back. Oh, and the Lego Land Rover Defender 100 is controlled via a remote control that is also, made from Lego!
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor has launched its owns financial wing in India called the Toyota Financial Servies (TFS) India. The financial company of Toyota got an approval under the Non-Banking Finance provision in India this year and it will starts its operations in India starting 5th June 2012 in India starting from two prominent cities – Delhi and Bangalore.
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor have intimated that the company will be hiking its car prices within a day or two by up to 2 per cent to offset the impact of rupee depreciation.
- Tata Motors have begun testing the upcoming 90PS Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet around Mahrashtra, the spy shots of which have been snagged by spy photographers. The new model could debut in the India market in early 2013.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd have reported a 44 per cent bump in net profits from the fourth quarter of the financial year 2011-12. The increase in profits can be attributed to the good sales volume of tractors, passenger and commercial vehicles and also the tight hold on cost control on expenses.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd have announced to launched six new vehicles in the current fiscal year. The new 5-seater Mini Xylo and the Verito hatchback/notchback could be the first among the six vehicles to be launched, followed by Mahindra Reva NXR.
- Jaguar Land Rover is developing new co-branded products for the Chinese market with their new partner Chery. The new models will be sold specifically in China and the decision has been taken in lines with the regulatory requirements in the world's largest automobile market.
- BMW has confirmed that its new BMW M6 coupe and convertible will get a manual transmission with six speeds in the next couple of year.
- Motor insurance holders will have to dig more into their pocket for claiming the non-life insurance as deductibles on motor own-damage policies have being raised three times. Deductible is that part of policy cover which is to be borne by the policy holder. The move has been implemented to caution the policy holders from filing claims for trivial incidents.
- The spy shots of the new 2013 Ford Fiesta sedan facelift have been snagged around Nurburgring in Germany. The new model will wear a new face, new engine options and will also get its interiors revised.
- Mercedes Benz has finally given the popular GL-class an AMG makeover by simply taking the recently launched 2013 GL-Class and replacing its heart and guts with a 5.5-litre AMG developed V8 and have extracted over 550 PS of power and 750 Nm of torque from the eight cylinder configuration.
First Published on 05:15 pm, May 31, 2012
- Volkswagen CrossBlue and CrossBlue coupe to be made in China
- Gran Turismo 6 announced
- Skoda plans to discontinue Fabia
- Scoop: Upcoming BMW 2 Series caught undisguised
- Maruti Suzuki to foray into LCV segment with Y9T pick-up