Fuel Price revision: Petrol might become cheaper, diesel costlier
Last Updated at
- 02:07 pm, March 14, 2013
Petrol prices may drop by a rupee while diesel might become around 50p dearer, from as early as tomorrow.
As they say 'what goes back comes back around', it's probably time to start using your petrol powered car again. Why? Well, another price revision is expected to take place very soon.
Since international oil rates have dropped, petrol is expected to be cheaper by Re 1 per litre. But on the other hand, diesel could see a hike of 40-50p per litre. Since oil companies were losing around Rs 11 per litre of diesel, the government had allowed them to regulate (increase in small amounts) the prices until the loss is leveled.
The revised prices are expected to be in effect from as early as March 15.
First Published on 01:58 pm, March 14, 2013
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test
- Scoop: 2013 Skoda Octavia caught on test in India
- Exclusive: Skoda Rapid caught sporting new logo and brand lettering