Porsche Cayenne diesel gets V8 power
Last Updated at
- 02:56 pm, September 12, 2012
The 380PS, twin-turbo V8 engine has been lifted off the popular Audi Q7.
As if the standard 3-litre V6 powered Cayenne isn’t quick enough, Porsche has teased an even more powerful Cayenne S diesel which will make its debut at the upcoming Paris Motor Show. Powered by a 4.2-litre, twin-turbo V8 engine, the Cayenne S diesel makes about 380PS of power as against 240PS V6 model.
Being a diesel, what’s even more impressive is the amount of torque the twin-turbo V8 offers, which at 850Nm, makes the Cayenne S diesel one of the most powerful SUVs around. Porsche says it will do a 0-100kph sprint in 5.7 seconds, making it a good couple of seconds quicker than the V6-powered Cayenne.
Porsche has apparently even fiddled with the engine to make it sound less clattery and more like a petrol-powered V8. To differentiate it from its smaller siblings, the SUV gets bigger brakes with silver brake calipers. It also wears an additional S badge at the back and diesel badges over the front wings.
First Published on 02:56 pm, September 12, 2012
- All-new 2014 Toyota Corolla teased
- Official: 2014 BMW 5-series GT facelift
- Toyota introduces ''Buy Today Pay After a Year' offer on Etios & Etios Liva
- Faster, more exciting Ferrari 458 Scuderia could debut at Frankfurt Motor Show
- OnCars India Buzz: 22 May 2013