Production-ready Fiat 500X shows up on the internet
Last Updated at
- 12:20 pm, August 08, 2012
The crossover will go on sale in the latter half of 2013.
Fiat will officially unveil the 500X, its rival to the Mini Countryman, at this year’s Paris Motor Show in September. Although the crossover was first teased about a month ago by Fiat themselves at a international press event in Turin, Italy, these latest pictures that have cropped up on the internet do seem to give us a good idea of what the production version will look like.
Based on the 500L mini MPV, the 500X will be the biggest model to come out of the 500 family when it goes on sale in the latter half of 2013. Fiat has confirmed that the 4.2 meter-long crossover will be made available in both front wheel and all-wheel drive versions. The 4WD system is likely to be borrowed from the Panda 4x4.
Under the hood, engine options are likely to be the company’s familiar TwinAir 900cc, 100PS, twin-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine and the 1.3-litre MultiJet diesel. The Fiat 500X will be officially showcased in September followed by the launch sometime in 2013.
First Published on 12:20 pm, August 08, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month