Range Rover Evoque equipped with 9-speed auto 'box to debut at Geneva
Last Updated at
- 01:28 pm, February 27, 2013
The revolutionary gearbox will be offered with the 2014 model range.
The Range Rover Evoque will be the first production car to be equipped with a 9-speed automatic gearbox when it hits the floor at the upcoming 2013 Geneva Motor show. The ‘9HP’ 9-speed gearbox, designed and developed by German transmission manufacturer ZF, is the world’s first 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The 9-speed auto ‘box equipped Evoque will make its debut early next year and will eventually make its way into rest of the Land Rover and Range Rover range of models. Thanks to the extra set of ratios, Land Rover says this new revolutionary gearbox will offer significant improvement in fuel economy over the current 6-speed unit.
What’s also impressive is the fact that the new gearbox weighs 7.5 kg less than the current 6-speed unit and that it can downshift two gears at once, thereby improving control under braking.
First Published on 01:28 pm, February 27, 2013
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg
- Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition launched in India