Skoda Fabia based sedan to be called Lauretta
Last Updated at
- 12:39 pm, September 02, 2011
Will undercut its group sibling, the Volkswagen Vento to take on the C-segment cars in India
A word floating on the internet is hinting that the new Skoda Fabia based C-segment sedan will be called ‘Lauretta’. If this is true then Skoda will be successful in establishing the new sedan as a smaller-Laura than a booted-Fabia. Based on the Vento platform, the Lauretta will boast of a longer wheelbase than the Fabia and more powerful engine options too.
Under the hood will be the VW group’s 1.6-litre petrol and diesel mills. While the 1.6 petrol puts out 105PS @ 5250 RPM and 153Nm @ 3800 RPM, the 1.6 diesel produces 105PS @ 4400 RPM with 250Nm @ 1500-2500 RPM. These are the same engines that power the Volkswagen Vento. It will be interesting to see if Skoda manages to provide a better automatic transmission though.
The Skoda Lauretta is expected to start at a base price of Rs 6.5-lakh. The car will be launched in November 2011, however, we expect its public unveiling at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show.
First Published on 12:39 pm, September 02, 2011
- Renault launches diesel powered Scala RxE
- Video: Lamborghini Gallardo Limited Edition launched in India
- LIVE: Tata presents Horizonext; eight new models to launch today
- LIVE: Lamborghini Gallardo Special Edition launch event
- Audi reveals UK pricing for the A3