Stunning new Jaguar F-type revealed ahead of Paris debut
Last Updated at
- 02:56 pm, September 20, 2012
Based on the C-X16 Concept’s design, the 2-seater convertible will succeed the legendary E-type from the ‘60s.
The Jaguar F-type will be shown at the Paris Motor show next week but the British carmaker has already released an image of the much-awaited sports car following a leak on Facebook by a leading spy photographer.
The F-type’s design has been inspired largely from the C-X16 Concept shown last year. However, unlike the C-X16, the F-type will be available only as a convertible for now. The coupe version will go on sale by the end of 2014.
Under the hood, The F-type will come with a choice of three petrol engines - a 340PS and 380PS versions of Jaguar's all-new 3-litre supercharged V6, and an updated version of the existing supercharged 5-litre V8 engine. All the three engines will be mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox with power going to the rear wheels. Jaguar says the F-type will also feature start/stop technology for improved fuel economy.
First Published on 02:56 pm, September 20, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month