Tata Motors February sales drop by 33%; New strategies to be adopted
Last Updated at
- 02:21 pm, March 04, 2013
61,998 vehicles (both commercial and passenger) were sold in the second month of 2013.
In February 2013, a total of 47,389 commercial vehicles and 10,613 passenger vehicles was all Tata Motors managed to roll out of their showrooms and 3,996 vehicles were exported. Well, the figures might not look as big as compared to Tata's sales in February last year, which as reported by Economic Times was a very healthy 92,119 units. That's a drop of almost 33% and not just that, the exports too declined by around 26%.
Karl Slym, MD Tata Motors, said that the brand has lost market share and mild changes have to be made to make things better. In about an year's time (or slightly more), there will be some new products from the manufacturer. And a product revision too is on cards, but that's the long term measure. Slym also disapproved of the new increased excise duty on SUVs.
Source: Economic Times
First Published on 02:20 pm, March 04, 2013
- GM India announces price hike across its entire model lineup
- BMW launches Competition Package for new M5 and M6
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test