Tata Motors announces price cut across its line-up
Last Updated at
- 05:57 pm, March 04, 2013
While the hatchbacks and sedans are cheaper by up to Rs 50,000, the SUVs' prices have been hiked.
Earlier in the day, while talking about Tata Motors' sales figures, we shared with you what Karl Slym, the MD of Tata Motors was planning to do, in order to make up for the lost market share and the declining sales figures. Now Reuters India reports that Tata has just given its products a massive price cut.
According to the report, prices of the hatchbacks (Indica and Vista) will see a price cut of something in the region of Rs 29,000 to Rs 50,000. This will not only help Tata fight competition, it will also enable the prospective customers to buy Tata products at a cheaper price.
But at the same time, the prices of Tata's SUVs have been hiked by up to Rs 11,000, an amount that can reach up to 35,000 rupees, by the time the vehicle leaves the factory (thanks to the factory gate taxes). Prices for the Nano remain unchanged.
First Published on 05:47 pm, March 04, 2013
- Tata Indigo eCS eMax and Indica eV2 eMax (CNG) unveiled
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg