Tata Motors readying a new premium small car
Last Updated at
- 04:54 pm, February 07, 2013
The upcoming small car from Tata will go up against the Hyundai i10, Ford Figo and the Honda Brio.
Come 2015 and Tata will launch what will be, by far, one of the company’s biggest launches. Codenamed as ‘XO’, the upcoming premium small car will be based on the revamped Indica platform and will take on some of the well established names in the B-segment line of cars including the Hyundai i10, the Ford Figo and the Honda Brio.
The car is likely to be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.05-litre three-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine. But in order to venture into a wider price range, Tata might as well include bigger displacement engine options.
Besides the all new premium small car, Tata Motors is also said to come up with a compact sedan based on the lines of Indigo CS and a new compact SUV. As for the small car, Tata is expected to price it below the Indica Vista and more in line with the standard Indica which has been around for years.
Source: Economic Times
First Published on 04:54 pm, February 07, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month