Tata Motors register 12 per cent increase in global sales in May 2012
Last Updated at
- 03:42 pm, June 16, 2012
Tata-owned British luxury brands, Jaguar and Land Rover achieved 35 per cent rise in sales with 30,094 units.
Tata Motors Ltd have reported an increase of 12 per cent in global sales in the month of May 2012 with total sales of 96,089 vehicles.
Despite, the current slowdown in the auto industry around the world, Tata Motors has been able to achieve a decent amount of sales, largely due to the above-average performance of its luxury brands Jaguar and Land Rover. The British-luxury brands pulled in total sales of 30,094 in May 2012, translating to a 35 per cent rise in sales.
The passenger car sales stood at 51,064 unit, which is a rise of 21 per cent when compared to the year-ago period. Tata Motor's commercial vehicles sales rose by 3 per cent with total sales of 45,025 units.
First Published on 03:42 pm, June 16, 2012
- Tata Indigo eCS eMax and Indica eV2 eMax (CNG) unveiled
- Official: Ford EcoSport to launch on June 26, 2013
- Tata updates Indica; presents the 2013 model
- Official: 2013 Mercedes Benz E-class facelift to be launched on June 25
- Tata Nano eMax (CNG) unveiled; promises fuel economy of 36 km/kg